From left to right: 1. Illamasqua Round Buffing Brush 2. Illamasqua Concealer Brush 3. Real Techniques Blush Brush 4. Anastasia BH no.3 5. Mac 217 6. Real Techniques 201 Pointed Crease 7. Illamasqua Eye Shadow Brush 8. Crown Mini Smudger 9. LSM Fan Brush
I have worked with a lot of brushes over the years but these are my absolute fav's. Along with technique and amazing quality makeup, brushes make such a different to application. Good quality brushes are not cheap, however if you wash and care for your brushes properly they can last a lifetime so it is always worth investing.
There are no rules to which brush goes where really and different artists rave about different brushes and techniques. Personally, I am not a massive fan on sponges and mainly use brushes and my fingers to blend.
1. Illamasqua Round Buffing Brush - I am a massive fan of buffing in my foundation, I find that I can pack in a lot of product and still have a flawless non cakey look, meaning the product lasts all day. This is by far my favourite foundation brush at the moment.
2. Illamasqua Concecaler Brush - This concealer brush is fab, it has a pointed end which is really precise and gets in really close to your eyes.
3. LSM Contour brush - A cheapy brush I got when I was training, but its still my favourite brush for sculting, its great for building the contour gradually, for a stronger contour I use the Real Techniques contour brush.
4. Real Techniques Blush brush - The perfect blush brush, it picks up the perfect amount of product, just beautiful.
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills No.3 - Lets face it eye liner is HARD! I have tried so many eye liner brushes but this brush a heaven send, it literally is a game changer. I do a lot of tight lining for my brides and this liner is so precise.
2. Real Techniques 201 Pointed Crease - A great brush for creating strong structure to cut creases, it picks up a lot of product so be warned
3. Illamasqua Eye Shadow Brush - This is a lovely brush for packing in eye shadow on the lid.
4. Mac 217 - A classic cult blending brush, it blends eye shadow in beautifully.
5. Crown mini smudger - Perfect for smudging shadow under the eye, helps me get close to the underneath's of the eye.
I don't have a particular absolute fave lip brush, but I tend to prefer round ended lip brushes at the moment. My brush belt is just beautiful its EMJ and I feel like a mermaid when I wear it.